2015年5月24日星期日

Hiroshima Peace Memorial

We went to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial today. We spent about 5 hours on the way to got there and come back and only spent 3 hours on visiting. However I think it is very worth to do so, because it helped me to look back the World War II from another angel.

China suffered a lot though WWII, and most of the tortures were come from Japanese. It is known that there were 300,000 victims murdered in Nanking Massacre, so based on direction of “major medias” in China most of Chinese hate Japanese in some ways. Nonetheless, things are changing year by year. Young generations influenced by Japanese culture though the animation or other types of cultures, and become more acceptable to Japanese. That can be one of the reasons why I am here as well! Just like we discussed during the class yesterday, people need to be open-minded and see though one thing from the front side as well as the backside.


I was totally shocked when I heard the stories about the victims who dead at the atomic boom. Most of them were students from 10 to 15 years old. They worked for government to remove some buildings to make sure the city can endure the booms that enemies through from sky. None of them knew what would happened before the explosion happened. There are plenty of remains exhibited in the museum; clothes, pants, water bottle and even lunch box with burned rice and beans inside. The infection of the voice I heard from audio guide almost made me cry; it made me feel every bad things were just happened in front of me; war and death. They all were innocent people, why they suffered that kind of pain? I think I will never forget the black skins and nails showed in the museum, all of those things make me feel thankful for living in this peaceful era. Even though there are some countries still suffer the war at this time, things are become better and better because I saw a lot of people are fighting for peace. The picture showed at the end of the museum is a flower bloomed at autumn of 1945. Some people said in 75 years nothing would grow in this city, however, the strength of life are powerful. So people who surviving from the war are living with hope and courage.
 Analog type of mother and her children after the A-boom.
 The flower bloomed in autumn of 1945.
The beautiful sunshine over the ruin. 

没有评论:

发表评论